Fast Facts about Thu Le Park and Zoo in Hanoi
Address– Pho Nguyen Van Ngoc, Off Pho Ngoc Khanh, Hanoi, Vietnam
Contact Number- + 84 4834 7395(phone), + 84 4834 3439(fax)
Timings- 6:00 A.M to 6:00 P.M, open daily
Thu Le Park
The Thu Le Park was constructed since 1975 and completed in 1996.
It covers 29 hectares, including 6 hectares for lakes, 5 exhibition areas and 40 animal houses with 600 animals of more than 100 species. Visiting here, visitors have a chance to see about 40 different kinds of animals which are named in the Red Book of Vietnam. Some of them are the gifts of foreign countries as Europe, Africa, Australia and America. People can call the Thu Le Park with other name is Thu Le Zoo – the house of many animals. Thu Le Park was located on the West of Thang Long Royal Citadel. Presently, everyday, especially at weekends and on some vacations, thousands of visitors come here to relax, to enjoy the landscape or to see the animals. Thu Le Zoo is considered as the world of animal in folk- stories for children.
When to visit Thu Le Zoo ?
The best time to visit Thu Le Zoo should be during summer, in the afternoon when the sun is about to set. The reason is the animals here are prone to come out sunbathing more frequently in summer; and to avoid the steamy sunlight, afternoon should be ideal. However, one drawback of the park that it is a little bit smelly as a typical characteristic of a zoo.
What to see Thu Le Zoo ?
Situated in an enormous are of 29 hectares, Thu Le Zoo is an ideal place for walking tour since it is encompassed by lush green grasses and an exquisite collection of tree, small plants and flowers. Thanks to this, the park provides visitors relaxing glimpse as well as fresh air and beautiful landscape. The site is also chosen by many photographers as their source of innovation.
With its five exhibition areas, the zoo is now having 40 animal houses with more than 600 animals of more than 100 species. Among which, 40 species are listed in Vietnam Red Book and many are gifts from Europe, Africa, America and Australia. Some rare animals being preserved here are Indo-Chinese tigers, lions, leopards, elephants, and hippos.
Happiness in Thu Le Park
Besides sightseeing its scenery and animals, visitors might also attend more energetic outdoor activities in the park. The most interesting one should be swan boat driving along its 6 hectares lakeswhich you may have the most romantic time with your partners.
All children would yell out loud enthusiastically when their parents offer a visit to Thu Le Park because in here can be found a wide array of entertaining games like high speed train, bubble houses or rollerblading.
How to get there?
Thu Le Park is very easy to get only by travelling to the end of Kim Ma Road, right beside the renowned Hanoi Daewoo Hotel. The park can be approached by both of its gates, one on Kim Ma Street and the other on Buoi Road. Taxi and motorbike are the best types of transportation while ones may get there by catching Bus No. 9.
Features of Thu Le Park and Zoo in Hanoi
– The Park is located in the Thu le Village and comprises of a small Zoo within its boundary. The park with its vast spread of lush green grasses gives the feeling of natural wilderness and makes for the perfect home for the wild animals.
– The wild inhabitants of this park cum zoo consist of monkeys, big cats of the cat family and elephants. Some rare species of birds can also be spotted nestled on the trees.
– The Park has got an exquisite collection of trees and small plants. For nature lovers and botanists the park is an ideal place to make references for heir research and study.
– The lustrous green Park helps in maintaining the ecological balance and bio diversity and is a great refuge from the polluted city air.
– The park grounds also provide for recreational facilities. Pedal Boats are available for boating around the lake and spot some rare species of water birds.
– The small rivulet flowing through the park enhances its natural beauty more.
– There are a number of eateries located inside the park which provide for some delicious snacks for the visitors.
– The park is a favorite among the children’s for the animals as well as the various fun rides that are available within the park.
– Even if some of the animals are kept in cages proper care is ensured. The Park and Zoo authority monitors there health and they are well fed and loved. At the same time the Zoo authority looks into the matter that the visitors behave nicely with the animals and not harass them.
Galery Thu Le -Hanoi
Galery Thu Le