Pictures of Vung tau city -south Vietnam before 1975

Few informations about Vung tau city before 1975 from wikipedia:

On 1 May 1895, the governor of Cochinchina established by decree that Cap Saint Jacques would thereafter be an autonomous town. In 1898, Cap Saint Jacques was merged with Bà Rịa county once again, but re-divided in 1899. In 1901, the population of Vũng Tàu was 5,690, of which 2,000 persons were immigrants from North Vietnam. Most of the town’s population made their living in the fishing industry. On 4 April 1905, Cap Saint Jacques was made an administrative district of Bà Rịa province. In 1929, Cap Saint Jacques became a province, and in 1934 became a city (commune). The French governor ofIndochinaPaul Doumer (who later became President of France), built a mansion in Vũng Tàu that is still a prominent landmark. During the Vietnam War, Vũng Tàu was home to the Australian Army and American support units, and was a popular spot for in-country R&R for U.S. combat troops.[2] After the war, Vũng Tàu was a common launching place for the Vietnamese “boat people” fleeing the communists. On 30 May 1979, Vũng Tàu town was made the capital of Vũng Tàu-Côn Đảo Special Administrative Zone. On 12 August 1991, the province of Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu was officially founded and Vũng Tàu town officially became Vũng Tàu City


KHU VỰC GẦN CHỢ CŨ VŨNG TÀU

CHỢ CŨ TP.VŨNG TÀU

BÃI SAU

NHỮNG PHẬN GÁI ĐANG CHỜ KHÁCH





SÂN BAY VŨNG TAU

LÍNH MỸ TRƯỚC GIỜ XUẤT KÍCH


TRẠM RA ĐA NÚI LỚN

NƠI MŨI NGHINH PHONG



PHỐ XƯA









Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply