Ho Chi Minh Museum – Hanoi
The museum is housed in a 4-storey building covering a total area of 10,000 m2. The museum is designed in the shape of a lotus flower, as a symbol of President Ho’s noble character.
The main showroom displays more than 2,000 documents, articles, pictures, and exhibits illustrating not only historical events that took place in president Ho Chi Minh’s life, but also important events that occurred in the rest of the world since the end of the 19th century.
Features of Ho Chi Minh Museum in Hanoi
– The museum has an extensive collection of military order’s, mementos, photo’s of the Communist Party’s earlier achievements, the great August and October revolutions, the country’s fight against Fascism and the imperialist power and the world movement led by Ho Chi Minh.
– The best way to explore the Museum is to start from up and then go down. The Top floor has a beautiful centerpiece. It is a gargantuan gold lotus flower which also consists of smaller exhibits related to Ho Chi Minh’s political activities.
– You can make your way from the Past section to the Future by following the symbols made in the shape of labyrinthine murals. The section houses automobile models.
– The National Liberation Movements are symbolized by a “volcano”, bright red in color and surrounded by national totems.
– The Museum is also an example of fine Soviet architecture and so the visitors have he opportunity to enjoy both- the exhibits and structure.
– For safety reasons, no bags or cameras are allowed inside the museum.
This is the big statue of Ho Chi Minh which was inside of the museum.
Fast facts about Ho Chi Minh Museum in Hanoi
Address– 3, Ngoc Ha Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Contact Number– 04/ 846- 3752
Timings– Open From Tuesday to Thursday and also on weekends. 8 A.M to 11 A.M and 1:30 to 4:00 P.M